Tangerine Tango was named Pantone's color of the year for 2012! Pan-whaaaat? you say...Well nutshell version is: Every year Pantone (a company that established a system of identifying and matching colors for use in design et cetera) chooses a color of the year. And this color is used a lot in fashion, beauty, and design forecasting. Orange you glad I explained that?--umm, sorry couldn't resist that joke--I bet you $10 if you haven't noticed this color everywhere yet, you will know that you've read this!
I love the energy and confidence that this color communicates! Here are my Tangerine Tango beauty pics:
- NYX eyeshadow in Hot Orange: It's a steal at only $5!
- MAC Lipstick in Morange: Literally one of my favorite lipstick shades OF ALL TIME! $14.50
- ChaCha Tint by Benefit: Cheek stains are the best for giving a believable long wearing glow $29
- OPI nailpolish in On The Same Paige: around $9
- NARS blush in Taj Majal: looks lovely on deep skin or layered with bronzer if you're more fair $28
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti: creamy vibrant color $6
- Cover Girl Lashblast: the mascara is black but the colorful tube and great applicator make this mascara a winner $6
- YSL Rouge Volupte #14 Orange Shiver: The epitome of luxury, you'll feel like a celeb pulling this bad boy out of your handbag! $34
And my final pick is the lippy above: Sephora brand Hot Hues Lip Balm in Crazy Coral. I picked this one up on Saturday for $10 and can't wait to go snag the other shades it comes in (a bright pink & purple). It feels like chapstick, looks like jello, smells yummy, and leaves a bright orangey-peachy popsicle looking stain on my lips! I seriously can't stop staring at it...it looks good enough to eat!
I've been pretty fixated on this color...in fact in the last 2 months I've added 3 tops and a pair of jeans in this color to my closet! Check out my clothing picks in this trendy shade HERE. So what do you think of Tangerine Tango? Any beauty picks off this list you're going to pick up or already have?
Cheers to Confidence, Color, and Crazy Coral,